Friday, March 2, 2012

Ender's Game Movie

 Ender's Game Movie

So they are making a live action adaptation to my all time favorite book....
I don't know whether to be exited or scared...
Seriously....
The book: Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

In the book a young boy named Andrew Wiggin (Aka: Ender), is launched into a program that thrusts young children into battle simulators in as data to use in defeating an alien race of insectiod beings dubbed as "buggers". However, the story is so much more complicated than that. Although I would love to go into more discussion of this book I do realize that many of you have probably not read the book.
If not...It's a must....Trust me.

The cast, I must say is impressive:

Ender Wiggin: Asa Butterfield (The Boy with the Striped Pajamas, Hugo)
Colonel Graff: Harrison Ford:
Ben Kingsley: Mazer Rackham
Abigail Breslin: Valentine Wiggin (Little Miss Sunshine) - My favorite character in the book, however...not a big fan of this actress
Petra Arkanian: Hailey Steinfeld (True Grit)
Aramis Knight: Bean (shown on Dexter briefly, otherwise pretty much an unknown)

sounds great right?

Director: Gavin Hood (Tsosti, Rendition, and Xmen Origins: Wolverine) - That last film scares me... Seriously?! Wolverine sucked!

- However given the strong cast of actors and screenwriter: Orson Scott Card himself (I love this guy, minus his mormonism and homophobic views)

Orson Scott Card on Ender's Game/Shadow comics





No comments:

Post a Comment