Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mass Effect 3: Day 1

So I just picked up Mass Effect 3, yesterday. My week has been crazy, so I haven't had time to add another entry, and I apoligize for the lack of articulation.

Great start. The narrative is a lot better, as well as the graphics (which is to be expected). The game throws you right in the middle of the action with Earth being attacked by an ancient alien race, known as "Reapers". In this opening you confront a boy, who you can't save, no matter how hard you try. Later on, about 2 hours later he pops up in Shepard's dreams.

This is a clip of that scene below:




(My character doesn't look anything like this one. More games should allow me to design my own character.)

Really find the gameplay to be a lot more fluid, and unlike most gamers I talk to, story, above anything else is what I look for in games. However, that doesn't necessarily, mean dialogue: Shadow of the Collosus managed to be a fantastic game with extremely minimal dialogue. I'll keep posting my reactions to the game as I progress.





No comments:

Post a Comment